From:
J Denney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:09:47 -0800
I lost Jinx last week.  She was so bad, seizures that wouldn't stop, it
was terrible.  SHe screamed and screamed, it was the most awful noise.  I
had been taking her to the vet weekly for the last few months, but there
really wasn't anything they could do.  I couldn't, in good conscience,
make her suffer anymore, so the vet helped her cross the bridge.

Now, normally, when an animal is suffering I'm the first one to tell
someone its ok to help them cross.  If you've done everything you can,
you shouldn't let them suffer.  So why do I feel like I killed her?  I've
had to put cats and dogs down that were suffering, but this was the first
time the critter was a ferret.  It's also the first ferret that has died
here.  She was also my first ferret.  Queen of the House, my husband
said, because what Jinx wanted, Jinx got.  <sigh> I miss her.

Jacci