From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 13:39:56 -0500
>From:    Annie Wright <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: questions
>My question is, why does Tomac always kissing Bailey's ears?

Because they're ferrets.  Doesn't sound like a problem to me.  A vet might
know a medical condition that might cause such behavior.

>The vet gave me "Hill's canine a/d feline", is any of you familiar w/ it?

Good stuff.  Canned food causes too much tartar for a long term diet but
this is a prescription food dense in nutrients.  We use it for our kits just
starting on solids.  If your ferret doesn't eat this it probably means you
have another condition that needs to be discovered.  It is both feline and
canine though.

>Is it true that the Humane Society against the ferret?

There is a group HSUS (Humane Society of the United States) that pretends to
be a humane association.  It is anti-pet and almost just another version of
PeTA.  They want to eliminate pets altogether.  There is a lot of evidence
of that but we don't need to clutter the list with it.

There are other groups using the word Humane as part of their name that are
true humane groups actively trying to promote humane treatment of animals
such as the American Humane Association.  I do not know all of the local
groups that use Humane in their names.

>If any of you could send me info and I am willing to pay to get this.

Most of the American ferret groups can provide information on this including
the American Ferret Association.

Randy Sellers is the AFA chairperson for Legislative and Legal Affairs.
You can get information by calling (301)663-6616 or writing to
AFA; P.O. Box 3986; Frederick, Maryland 21705-3986

>From:    Brian Walker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Prednisone
We've had success giving prednisone by crushing the tablets and letting the
ferret lick it up mixed with Linatone (Ferretone).

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://userwww.qnet.com/~killian/zen_home.htm