From:
"Vicki L. Henderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 20:09:51 -0400
Ok, so I'm guilty here.  My first ferret was Miss Tizzy, who I adopted
in May of '98.  But I posted many of posts prior to this, about my
daughters 2 ferrets, Buzz and Woody.  Buzz and Woody do not belong to
me.  But, their food, vetinary bills (and Buzz's have been high), their
water, bedding, cage cleaning, spoon feeding and force feeding when
sick, have all been up to me.  I have one of those kids that begged and
begged to be allowed to have these 2 ferrets that their previous owner
no longer wanted, with promises of taking good care of them, cleaning
them, feeding and watering them, mom wouldn't have to do a thing bit.  I
fell for it and said "ok".  Well, these boys were housed in the
daughters room, their litter box cleaned "monthly", yes, monthly.  The
house smelled to high heaven from them.  I know every time I checked in
on them that their food and water were empty.  Then, Buzz had stopped
eating, I wasn't aware of this until she had brought him downstairs one
day and Buzz refused a treat.  Then I realized he had lost weight.  So,
many vet bills later, we have Buzz and Woody caged downstairs with 3 of
"my" ferrets, daughter does not one thing for them.  On occasion, I can
get her to help clip nails.  Now, more than a year after Buzz's surgery
last year for a hairball, he is in a medical crisis again.  Mom is the
one spoon feeding or force feeding him again.  He is not my ferret.  And
I posted numerous times before I even owned a ferret to the FML and the
NG for help.  So, I'm guilty.  Guilty of posting here when I didn't own
ferrets.  I realize that now.  Thank you for letting me know that.

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
Buzz, Woody, Miss Tizzy, Ginger & General Kaos!