From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:28:28 -0400
We just went in to visit Scooter.  He's dealing with his hospitalization
much better this time emotionally which is great relief; he also looks
very good for little guy who has just been through two large things.

Right now we aren't sure exactly when we can visit him tomorrow since they
are reworking schedules.  At least one of our vets (5 in the practise and
two specialize in exotics, with one of the exotics vets definitely needed)
will be in NYC working with the ASPCA tomorrow.  He'll be helping many
animals.

***If our vet learned that a few ferrets from there wind up needing a
place temporarily we'll be taking some and can possibly also find other
places.  If you are in NJ and might be able to also do this *IF* it is
needed, please, contact me.  We are not a shelter, but since we know of
the vets who will be helping the ASPCA we just accidentally have a
communication "in".  This help may not be needed, but just in case it
would be good to put together a group that is ready.***

Saw it today from 15 miles away.  Even now there is so much smoke, and the
city looks smaller somehow.

Many radio stations are playing "New York, New York" today, and the words
take on such a different meaning now, no longer the declaration of one
entertainer up to challenge, but a statement that the city and all who
know it are taking the challenge and will emerge victorious because it is
up to us and up to the city.