From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 12:20:17 -0400
# 1 Bil-Jack: My kids are feed almost exclusively Totally Ferret.  However
they thrive on Bil-Jack kitten, Excel Kitten and I have one who will eat
nothing but Marshal's when he is not feeling well.  I have a friend who
feeds nothing but Bil-Jack and her babe is happy and very healthy.  I try to
find different foods they will eat just in case of not being able to get or
if they decide to get fussy on me.  As long as the food meets the protein
(animal, not vegetable) and fat requirements you should be alright.  A good
food does no good if your kid won't eat it.  I don't have the requiement s
in front of me now, but I am sure someone can post them for you.

#2 Condo's: I have 12 ferts and 2 condo's.  Each is 3' x 4' and 4 levels
including the floor.  The shelves are half shelves and I have hammocks also.
They are very happy and comfortable in them (6 in each) but I wouldn't put
more in there.

#3 Free Roaming: My personal feelings on free roaming are, I don't.  My
hubby and I both work during the day and there is no one here in case of
emergencies.  Mine run as soon as I get home until I go to bed.  That is a
good 5 hours.  By then they are ready to crash anyhow.  I worry that if
something were to happen while I was at work they couldn't be found if free
roaming.  They all have their own special spot to hide an sleep.  In their
cages it is easier to grab the cage and get them out if need be.  As I said
this is my own personal choice and I don't feel anyone who "free roam" is a
bad parent.  One thing I have learned from the FML is how very much we all
LOVE our kids and that we will do what ever it takes it keep them healthy
and happy.

I have learned sooooo very much from the folks here and enjoy the stories.
I have laughed and cried right along with the rest of you.

Keep up the good work BIG, you are doing a wonderful job :)

Terry & the drty dzn