Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 03:49:52 +0000
I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through the first few months
of being owned by a ferret without the help of the FML.  All of the great
advice and stories have given me more knowledge about ferrets than any of
the books I have read so far.  Whoever first posted about putting Ferretone
on their kids bellies while clipping their nails deserves a medal of honor!
At first I was skeptical and said to myself "That would never work on my
girls." Oh, how wrong I was.  Tonight I tried it for the first time, and I
honestly don't know how I did it before now.  Also, the wonderful person who
suggested using vinegar to distract their kids also deserves one of those
medals!  I put some into a spray bottle and the first time Katie started
scratching the carpet at a closed door, I sprayed some around the door and
she began sneezing and making the awfulest face I've ever seen.  Since then
she hasn't offered to scratch at the door.  Anyhow, since I've gotten so
much out of this mailing list, I decided to come here for some more advice.

#1.  I'm feeding my girls Bil-Jac kitten food.  Is this an okay diet for
them and when should I consider switching over to the adult formula?
#2.  Does anyone out there know how many ferrets can comfortably be housed
in one of Safeguard's three story "Pet Condos"?
#3.  Currently my three girls aren't free roaming ferts.  They have their
play time at night after my 4 yr.  old and 19 mth.  old are in bed.  I
really would like to allow them to be free roaming rather than caged and was
wondering how I should go about making this transition.  Should it be done
gradually?  Should it be done at all since I have young kids?

If anyone can help me on these subjects, I would greatly appreciate any
opinions.  You can post answers on here or feel free to e-mail me at:
[log in to unmask]  Sorry for the length, but you know how us moms worry
about their kids!  Thanks BIG for a great job!

Kellie
Katie
Pebbles
and their mom Wendy