From:
Wendy Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1993 09:35:36 -0400
Well I have had my little ferret for 5 weeks now and after hours
of showing her  where the proper place for her to go to the
washroom is and scolding her for missing her litter box I am
extremely frustrated.  She doesn't seem to understand that she is
supposed to use her litter box and not the corner on the floor.
We've even put the litter box in her favourite corner and she still
goes outside of her box.  We have her in a cage when ever we are
not home or too busy to watch her and she uses her box all the
time in the cage. But when we let her out ( in a small bathroom)
she always goes on the floor. And we don't want a caged animal.
I want to be able to let her rome free most of the time without
having to worry about her damaging the carpet.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions or encouragement
about this matter????

Also, the cage we bought for her is quite small.  She fit into it 3
weeks ago but now it is getting very cramped for her.  We didn't
want to have to buy her another one (too expensive) and we don't
want trade in the one we have because it is a good size for
travelling.  We were thinking of making our own cage out of
something like chicken wire.  As long as we make sure there are
no sharp edges etc. do you think this would work?  Any other
suggestions of what to make a cage out of??

Thanks

Wendy