From:
"edman (Ed Atlee)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 15:11:32 EDT
Well, first, this touches on several interrelated recent postings.  Goose
(left adrenal removed 9/5) blew most of his coat shortly after surgery.
This was followed by sections of his skin taking on an orangey tint (he's
mostly a DEW, a few lone black hairs intermingled throughout, and a small
silver inverted V on his head - now a small bald inverted V :), and now
there's new hair growing *all over*!  - Where he lost from the disease,
where his belly and leg were shaved for surgery, and finally where he blew
his coat!  Looks like he'll be soft, warm, and pretty for winter!  :-) And
yes, he's eating like there's no tomorrow, though he's still too thin; I
guess this is part feeling better and being more active, and part seasonal.

Welcome to Dr. Perkins, and TIA for your time; I think I speak for everyone
here when I say that we are extremely grateful for what the vets add to this
list!

Manuel, glad to hear your grandmother had a change of heart!  I'm not sure
about a cage size offhand, probably the bigger the better!  But I will say
that if you're feeling ambitious, go for a multi-level setup with ramps
between levels - they love it!!  Carpet or linoleum for flooring (linoleum's
easier to clean for litterbox and food levels) is easy on their little feet,
and mine absolutely love their hammock (can't remember if you said you had
one already).

Well I think that's it for now, happy ferreting!!

--Ed Atlee
Ed, Kim, Goose(munch, munch, look at my hair!!), Anastasia(Hey! Alright, who
ate all the food?!?), and Maggie the Labrador(mmm, ferret food, I just love
when he pushes it all out of the bowl!)