From:
Joan Evancic-Sheer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2013 05:49:44 -0400
I have to say that many smaller rescue/shelter ops do what they do out
of pocket, as do I; I have no pay-pal, nor do my veterinarians offer a
shelter account in their practice. In appearance this can bode ill for
reputable actions. Still I wouldn't trade my vet for the world!

There have recently surfaced some unsavory individuals "posing" as
shelters to get donations, both material and monetary. One such
individual I know of certainly should be black balled from further
intakes on any level.

This being said, life also gets in the way of smooth operation;
personal, financial, and extenuating circumstances all taken into
account can make the shelter end of business seem to be run poorly.

We do what we are given to the best of our ability, and strive daily
not to be overwhelmed, so our intakes get the best available care and
treatments.