From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:09:36 -0700
Dear All,

OKTOBERFEST is our annual event and a great opportunity for everyone
to come out, socialize, party and have a relaxing fun-filled day!

It's a casual gathering, rain or shine, under a huge pavilion located
in the beautiful Fall colored woods of Northern Baltimore County,
Maryland.

I've got many great memories of these events. One favorite picture was
from a few years ago, when we gathered all the shelter ops that were
in attendance for a group pic, and there were nine of us!

All are welcomed to our OKTOBERFEST; shelter ops, volunteers, ferret
lovers, interested in ferrets, and generally fun and animal loving
folks! It is open to the general public! This is a great party! No
lectures, no seminars, just folks meeting others that perhaps up
until then, were only a name on a forum!

There is a Karaoke Contest, with a $100 prize for the favorite
performance (note, I did not say best, but favorite lol), as voted
on by the party's guests!

Let me know if you can attend. I hope you can!! There's camping
available at the event's venue for no charge, as well as reasonably
priced hotels within a short drive. There will be music and Karaoke
all day and evening, raffles, drinks and great food off the grill by
Chef Charles, and lots more.

For those in the MD/VA/WVA/PA/DE/NJ area, this is an easy drive for
you!

For those flying in, BWI is about 45 mins away, and we can arrange
shuttle service. There are some great cheap fares out there right now!

For details:
http://rockysferrets.com/events/of/oktoberfest.html

I hope to see you at Rocky's Oktoberfest Saturday Oct 24th !!!

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's
Parkton, Maryland 21120