Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 21:11:10 -0600
I sent the following message to Debbie/Sunshine, but I wanted to let some
of you on the FML know that you're taking some things way too personally
and you are being too serious on some subjects and too judgemental.  People
on this list all must have good intentions or they wouldn't spend so much
time on it.  Please consider the following note from me and take no
offense- it's just my feelings:

"Debbie- thanks for not totally flaming me about not quarantining my new
ferret and having Smidgeon pass away as an indirect result of it a few
weeks ago.  What I had to deal with at the time was hard enough.  I must
say, though, that your tone in posts and emails is borderline condescending
and sounds like you could be a potential flamer.  From the information I've
gathered on ECE so far, it sounds like for most people, living in a house
with multiple ferrets and maintaining a daily routine, it would be
impossible to keep all the ferrets from getting ECE even if a new one is
quarantined.  I've been told the quarantine should last about 6 months-
really, who could handle that?  I'm not trying to be a flamer, either, but
it bothers me when people on the FML act condescending or very opinionated.
We're all human, we all make mistakes, and it seems to me that most of the
people on the FML have good intentions and some just experience bad luck,
no matter what they do.

I'm going to post this on the FML also, with a note that this applies to
others, too, and I felt the need to mention it.  Hope no offense is taken--
none was intended.  -- dawn"

Please, people, lets help each other and not hurt each other- we all have
enough pain!