From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:20:45 -0500
( I sent this yesterday, but somehow it ended up in my outgoing mail
instead of being sent to the FML)

Blossom Flower wrote
>I am just wondering why anyone would want to eat animal treats, food
>or medicine??  They are not made for people after all and I'm sure they
>don't taste too good.  *ugh*  Besides, I would question the way they
>process and package the food.  Somehow I doubt the companies that make
>and supply animal food are very concerned with keeping things sanitary.

I can't say I trust the companies that package and make human food any
more than the pet food companies.  As fot sanitary eating just ask Todd
how those cookies were he ate a few months back... and some of the
medications (if not most or all) are medications that can be prescribed
for humans, they are just in fert dosage and in compounds that are
sometimes more palatable to ferts.

>Animals often eat things off of the ground after all and things that
>people would not consider edible.  There is no way I would put animal
>food in my mouth!  That is something you might expect a small child to
>do on impulse, but certainly not an adult.

Correct, some animals do eat things that people would not consider
edible, some people also choose to eat things that other people do not
consider edible.  As a vegetarian there is no way I would put animal
flesh/carcas in my mouth.  I'd probably eat a fert treat first.  It's
probably a lot healthier than some other things humans eat!

I want to thank everyone for all the emails congratulating me on the new
baby girl here.  I'm working on getting back to everyone that has emailed
me tonight.  I noticed she was spending a lot of time trying to crunch up
her food (we use TF, 8 in 1, and Iams kitten)  She doesn't like ferretvite
either.  So I bought a jar of gerbers chicken and gravy and smashed up
some of the kibble and mixed it in with the baby food and the ferretvite
and she loves it!  (smells prettty gross to me personally) but she ate
and ate and then flat ferreted in front of the dish before crawling into
her baby bed for a nice long nap.  (I am quite proud of my creativity in
crafting a teeny bed that she could get into)

I now have pictures if anyone else wants to see them.  (I have very
quickly learned how to transfer stuff from my dv camera to the computer.
I have only figured out how to get still pictures though, not sure how
to save the whole video onto the computer yet...)  I'm quite proud of
some of the pictures I got- there's a close up that's just adorable... I
called my parents and told my mom she was a grandma again.  (of course I
had to mess with her for a bit before I told her what KIND of grandma...
asked her if she was going to throw a baby shower for us... LOL she
wasn't as amused after I told her her grandbaby was 6 inches long and
fuzzy...I thought it was pretty funny myself...)