From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:19:11 -0500
Hey You All,

It is an absolutely glorius day in Mid Missouri right now.  Crisp, cool and
very sunny.  This is the kind of weather I love.

Only had one class today, but it was fun.  Ran into a mantype friend of
mine and have a lunch date for next week.  That is, of course, assuming
that I manage to survive my English midterm.

I love the prof in the class, he is an sarcastic Irish man who is a hoot to
listen too.  But you must listen closely or you miss a lot of funnies.

Saw some posts on dry skin.  Something I have found that works wonders is a
couple of drops of sweet almond oil (cosmetic grade) or jojoba oil.  It
doesn't take much and it really seems to sooth the skin.  Mine included.  I
have extremely dry skin and I also have trouble tolerating most cosmetics,
so these oils are a life saver for me.

Oatmeal bath are wonderful, you can use the Aveeno baths found at the drug
store, exactly the same ingrediants as in the oatmeal baths packaged for
animals.  One thing I use instead is an old tube sock filled with regular
oatmeal and tied at the end.  Throw it in the bath and it will fill the
bath with the wonderful stuff in the oatmeal.  You can also rub the sock
over the skin to further help.  When done, just turn the sock inside out
into the garbage and then wash the sock.  It is a much cheaper alternative
to the packages oatmeal baths.

I would try to not bathe as much as possible, even though the oatmeal baths
do help.  Make sure to NOT use hot water since it is very drying.  And as I
said, try not to do too much of it.

Well, I am off to work on my papers and make some oatmeal cookies. Yumm.

Mad Maggie in Mid Mo and the Mob of Musty-lid Monkeys

"Though you had never possessed me
I had belonged to you since the beginning of time"

Mina Loy _Three Moments in Paris_