From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 07:27:36 -0800
Sarah, the new rescue beagle, has officially met the ferrets.

She's quite curious about them and goes into the ferret room when she
thinks no one is looking to sniff at their cage and check them out.

I've brought her into the ferret room twice (while the other boys whined
and scratched at the other side of the door).

Toby is very curious about her and likes to sniff along her face and ears.
He doesn't run from her the way he does from the boys.

Noel, like always, goes right for those tender spots on the hind legs.
Sarah, good girl that she is, just jumps away and gives Noel a dirty look.

Kyle, who never seems interested in any of the dogs, just goes about his
merry way.  If Sarah sniffs at him, he'll stop to touch noses with her,
then moves along.

Sarah doesn't try to play with them yet the way Rootie does (smooshes
them into the floor with his nose and flings them across the room).  She
just gets in a very thorough sniff then moves onto the next one.

I feel very blessed to have 2 beagles and a mutt that are very gentle with
the ferrets.  It's always a pleasure to watch the dogs become perplexed by
the antics of the ferrets.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
Camille didn't like her name, so now she is Sarah, the beagle!
The Ferrets: Kyle, Noel, & Toby
The Dogs: Rootie the beagle & Tank the GSD/basset
Still missing Sandy, Gizmo, & Slinky. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at: http://www.geocities.com/anippy