From:
Julie Fossa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 01:47:00 -0700
Most of the Utah kids have now gone on to their new homes, and the rest
are awaiting transports.

A few of the kids were pretty dehydrated, but have since bounced back.
About 6 are still on carafate, and soft foods.  Two are on Biaxin and
Amoxy.  All went through a round of Albon.

We did 3 adrenal surgeries this week.  One little guy has low blood suger
and has been put on pred.  Another had blood in his urine, and has been
started on Amoxy Drops.

The ADV test results are back, and all 64 kids were negative for
antibodies.

One of the little males, that has had the most difficult time, came in
with black tarry stools.  He was dehydrated, and not eating.  He still
grinds his teeth when you give him his meds.

He had a red, raw area on his bottom, and his nose was pretty red, too.
Putting Panalog on the bottom seemed to help both his bottom, and his
nose!  It has taken a while, but we are no longer getting the black stool,
but it is still not formed.  His apetite is good, and he is walking around
much better now.

He will go to his new mommy on Sunday.  Being a vet student, I'm sure he
and his cagemate (which has been declawed and I think he may get named
'soft paws') will get the best of care with her.

We have transports lined up for Sunday, Monday, and Thursday-Friday.  It
will feel good to see these sweet little guys go to new homes.  They are
so spirited, and are starved for love.  Wardances are not in short supply,
here!

I'm sorry I haven't given any updates before this, but these kids have
kept me pretty busy!

Julie

=====
Julie Fossa