From:
Chris Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 04:13:49 -0700
>In the case of potential ADV infection, what is safe and efficacious
>to use on the floor, clothes, cages, pans, etc.?

I can't say for sure about the other things, but as for a parvocide,
When I was still working at the animal clinics and the shelters a few
years back the preferred method was half and half bleach for the
kennels that had exposure to parvo and our scrubs were to be washed
with bleach as well. We sprayed everything down in the exam rooms with
half and half bleach as well. Of course you want to clean up any urine
and fecal mater prior to using the bleach or you will create a very
strong ammonia and could make yourself or anyone else in the room sick.

Good luck

Chris & Patrick Mayer and the fuzzie gang...Nicki the cat, Ramas
(My itty bitty Polar Bear fuzzie), Aurelius (The Brave Fuzzie),
Tiny (The not so tiny), and Sheena (The Queen) the ferrets.