From:
Steve Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 20:14:40 -0700
Can anyone offer advice on socializing ferrets and puppies?  In particular,
I have a german shepherd puppy that I'd like to try and get to play nice
with the two ferts.  All of them are male.  They seem interested in one
another, but the puppy is still a bit too excitable.  I try to bring them
together when the pup is worn down, which works for a little while.

I'd like to have them all able to play together nicely, but if necessary I
can restrict the dog to downstairs and the ferrets to upstairs.  That's
pretty much what I'm doing now.  I'm hoping that as the pup ages, he'll
start to calm down a bit and won't nip at the ferts (who, even full grown,
won't be more than a few mouthsful).

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Steve

PS. I'm also looking for a reputable ferret-sitter in the LA area.  Can
anyone suggest someone with whom they've had a good experience?