Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:05:07 EDT
Hello everyone,

The Wanted Poster urging folks to write and fax Governor Schwarzenegger
is now on our web site at http://www.ferretnews.org thanks to
Scott Beisner, our fantastic (and fast) webmaster and to Jeff F. for
designing the poster and making a PDF for us.

Click on "SB 89 Poster, Please Print and Distribute".  If you print this
in color it is quite eye-catching and most pet stores and veterinarians
offices are happy to include it in their windows.  It is one of the few
ways we can reach the public about our bill so please, please copy and
print this ASAP.  We need as wide a distribution as possible for this
poster so please, please get the word out.

To download the poster directly go to:
http://www.ferretnews.org/wanted.pdf

Also, we need some editorials in support of our bill and urge those of
you comfortable with writing to send a letter to you local paper urging
them to write an editorial in support of SB 89.

Some important points to make:

1. Ferrets are legal in every other state on the continent.

2. There are in excess of 200,000 ferrets in California already.

3. Ferrets are domesticated and don't belong in the hands of a wildlife
   agency.

4. Passing SB 89 into law addresses the ferret issue after over a decade
   of debate.

5. Not passing SB 89 ignores points 1-3.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization