From:
Joy Collier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 13:12:23 -0700
Nikki,

One of my fuzzies had the same problem.  I accused my husband of cutting
off the poor boy's whiskers and of course my hubby said, "I'd NEVER do
that!"  Turns out my little boy was going under our stove (which is gas)
and the pilot light had melted his whiskers off.  I'd say check your gas
applicances (don't forget the hot water heater) to make sure the ferret
can get to them.  My ferrets also have a tendancy to sniff candles, so
now we make sure we put candles out of their reach.

Joy
mom to Pippin, Gimli, and Sofie
http://joysferrets.95mb.com/