From:
Lisa Mancilla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 12:47:59 -0700
This is just a note to you other ferret owners who are feeding your ferrets
8 in 1.  Please be careful!!!!

A week ago Saturday Rosie was at the food bowl eating.  She quickly ran to
the corner of the room.  I thought she was packing a little food to her den.
Not so.  A god awful sound came out of her throat.  A partical of her food
wasn't chewed up properly and was caught long down her throat.  She could
breath, but it was stuck there.  I tried to do the hymnic on her.  But I
didn't know who to give it to a ferret.  David fed her olive oil and
ferretone until the partical moved down her throat.  She slept a day after
the incident.

Two days ago the same thing happened to Maxie.  Thanks good I only have 3
cups left of 8 in 1.  The girls are changing to Totally Ferret.

I hope that no one ever looses their fuzzy over a choking accident with 8 in
1 food.  Apparently the shape of the food is too big and rough for the
mouths of our little babies.  I will be writing a letter to the company.

Lisa