Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 19:06:30 +0000
A couple of days ago, Espie started having trouble going to the bathroom.
I've been giving her Laxatone and it seems to help a little.  Is this an
indication that her giardia infection is so irritating that she has
difficulty having a bowel movement or does this mean the lymphosarcoma is
spreading and we're near the end?

I've been giving all my ferrets Metronidazole (Flagyl) for over a month now
and the giardia has not gone away, largely, I suspect, because the immune
systems of the two girls on Prednisone, Espie and Angel, are not responding
very well.

Right now, Espie isn't eating very much and I've been giving her duck soup,
strawberry-flavored Ensure, Nutrical, anything I can get her to eat.

Is there anything I can do to make Espie more comfortable?  Have any of you
had a similar experience?  Please let us know.  Thanks.

Linda, Esperanza, Lucky Charm, Angel, Chocolate Moose,
and Zipper