From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 23:32:07 -0800
I Can't stress this enough.  Every month I want to post this over and over.
You need to always quarantine a new ferret from yours.  Besides passing
ECE the new ferret can have parasites and infections.  If I would not have
quarantined the two news ones we got from an owner, our three would have
gotten a terrible infection also.  Plus, it's no fun force feeding two
ferret's every 2 hours for at least 2 days.  I was quite exhausted after
this but worried to.  Meaning keep their food/water/litter box separate
at all times for a week.  Even their play area.  From what I know
ECE/Parasites/Bacteria symptoms happen within 42-72 hours from bringing
home a ferret.  Plus, it cut's down the stress for the new ferret being
in a new environment, new owner's, new smells.  If people have ECE happen
after 72 hours Please post.  It makes me sad to hear people not
quarantining.

PS. Change clothes or wear a plastic bag over you and leave in the room of
one set.

Debbie