From:
Scott Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 19:58:11 -0400
Hello All,

Today is a day to celebrate, our sweet dear little Princess crossed the
bridge early this morning.  Now, you ask, why celebrate?  In mid February
1995, she developed a tumor in her mouth and was given 2 months to live.
She graced and blessed our life for 1119 days longer than the vet expected
her to live.  This is why we are celebrating.  She was a strong spirited
gentle little soul, a tiny, petite little lady.  She was 8 years of age.

Princess came to us when she was four months old.  Her mom could not keep
Princess due to her husband objecting to the smell and to Princess' biting
habits.  Jenny wanted me to have Princess as she felt that I would take
good care of her.  Princess' name at that time was " Meanness".  She wasn't
really mean, she was just a kit and needed to be taught how to respond to
humans.  I told her that she was no longer "Meanness", she was now
"Princess" and should respond as a princess would.  I really don't know if
she understood what I was telling her, but I truly believe that she did as
she never attempted to nip or bite after that, even during play.

Princess became Buddy's cagemate and they became unseparable.  Gismo joined
our family  a while later and the three became the "Terrible Trio".  Of
course, they were not terrible, they just enjoyed harassing the  others and
simply enjoying life.

Princess became very despondent when Buddy crossed the bridge following
surgery.  She did not wish to sleep in the big cage, so I moved her into a
smaller one and she seemed to feel more at ease.  She and Gismo were still
playmates and remained so until Gismo left us last year.  After his passing,
she preferred to remain in her cage.  She would come out and perform her
daily patrol sessions and then return to her cage.

My other ferrets seemed to know that she was in charge.  If one of them
approached her, all she had to do was sqeek at him/her and he/she would back
off.  Even the big hobs would back away when she spoke.

Yes, today is a day to celebrate.  Princess has joined Buddy and Gismo.  I
can picture them in my mind,  running, jumping, dooking and playing in much
the same manner as they once did in my home.  I can almost guarantee that
they are once again harassing Yogi and company.  They are young, carefree,
free of disease and illness and are waiting for the arrival of their special
humans.

Yes, today is a day to celebrate, not in her passing but in her living.  She
will be missed.  She had such a strong will to live.  She refused to allow
the cancer to control her, she controlled it.  She fought off an outbreak of
distemper, helped Buddy when he was paralyzed from a fall and through his
suffering of cardiomyopathy, and protected Gismo from Yogi and the gang.
Princess was truly a princess.

Thank you, Princess, for sharing your life with us.  Celebrate little lady,
you have earned it. Princess, defender of Gismo, take good care of him.

In loving memory of Princess and the others,

Margaret, Scott and her 18 brothers and sisters standing at arms, missing
the one

(please see our tribute page at:)
www.exclusivelyferrets.com/tribute
OR