From:
Ellen Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 13:19:21 -0400
Hi, everyone!  My husband and I took a day trip to Devil's Lake State Park
in Wisconsin this weekend and on the way back we stopped in Madison.  As we
were driving my husband noticed a pet store with a sign that had a ferret as
part of the decorations so he pulled into the lot.  Unfortunately, the store
had closed about an hour before we got there but we were intrigued because
one usually doesn't see a ferret so prominently displayed on a store sign.
There was also a parrot, a cat and a lizard on the sign.  We peeked in the
door and saw a ferret eating dinner in his cage.  We were pleasantly
surprised that this ferret (appeared to be only one but hard to see through
the door) was in a large cage with lots of hammocks and ferret-appropriate
stuff around as well as good bedding (looked like an old cotton shirt) and
tile on the floor of the cage.  Of course, there was food in a bowl, a water
bottle and a litter box.  The ferret looked young, maybe several months old
but not full grown yet.

I cannot remember the exact name of the store but it was (something)
Kritters and was connected to a vet office called Kanton's (something)
Kritters.  I guess I'm just wondering if anyone know this store and if our
perceptions were correct--that they take good care of their pets.  There was
a sign on the door warning customers to be careful upon entering because a
rabbit was wandering the floor.  We didn't see the rabbit so perhaps they
take the rabbit home every day or he was in the back.

Anyway, my best to all of you and your fuzzies.

Ellen [log in to unmask]