Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 19:59:32 -0500
To Mark (I think):

My two ferrets also came with cards that I could fill out and send to the
UFO.  What I received from them was an opportunity to subscribe to their
bi-monthly newsletter for $12 annually.  This is a very home-grown-looking
newsletter, and the content is much like the FML.  Some of the money goes to
support ferret causes, like legalizing ferrets, getting out accurate
information, and saving the BFF.  The stories and pictures from ferret
owners are very cute.  I also received two great car window stickers, a
round gold one with a ferret silhoutte that says 'I love my ferret' and a
red, white and blue one with an adorable ferret face on it that says 'UFO
United Ferret Organization'.

From all these facts and the four newsletters I have received, I guessed (I
really don't know for sure) that this is an interest group run pretty much
by one person.  I have no idea how the registration fits in.  Another guess
I made is that some breeders are affiliated with the UFO and give our names
to them when we send the cards in.

In other words, I think anyone on this list would enjoy the UFO, but I doubt
they have anything to do with the actually breeding and selling of the
ferrets.  Why they did not respond, I don't know.  That part is really too
bad.  If they are breeders, they are also great ferret lovers and just as
silly and serious as the FML.