From:
Paula Bryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 00:00:42 -0500
Dear Ferreteers,
I apologize for not writing last night, but I've learned SOOO Much about
the Tampa 9 since Friday. 8 of them have now given themselves names & I
now know so much more about who they are. Here is the precis;
Bogart    M    Albino   Sweet natured, only nippy under provocation
Hugh      M    Albino   Sleepy, sweet, Big!
Sybill    F    Sable    Nippy, beautiful, loves her
                        foster mom's toes & socks
Sadie     F    Sable    Beautiful face, almost panda markings,
                        nippy, loves tummy skritches
Boris     M    Albino   Loves his foster mom - mouths her without biting
                        sniffs every inch, beautiful, responds rapidly
                        to correction
Natasha   F   Sable     Incredible markings, sweet nature, loving to my
                        other ferret I placed with her.

The last three - Stubby & his 2 cage mates (female sables )- are not known
well enough yet for them to have told me their names.  I expect to hear them
tomorrow & will share them with you as soon as they tell me what they are.

Each of these babies need adopting.  They also each need to find a loving
home with someone who will finalize bite-training, and love them in the
process.  Each of these sweeties has wandered around a real home for the
first time this week.  Each has been cuddled, fed treats, had his/her belly
skritched and blown on for the first time.  Each has heard a loving voice
call him/her hunny bunny/sweetest baby/darlin sugar plum for the first time.
Each has smelled vanilla, dug into warm blankies in a soft good smelling
room of their own for the first time.  Each has heard soft gentle music
playing as s/he slept.  Each has had loving hands hold him and stroke him,
and let him go when it is time.  Almost all have bitten and been corrected
gently & lovingly (time out, NO!, NO BITE, etc.)  If you think you can take
one of these babies in, email me.  If you feel your life, your home,, your
family, will take to living with an Arcadia ferret and making it a part of
your ferret family, write me & we'll try to make both of you happy.  Our
first priority is the well-being of these beautiful animals.

Along with the Tampa 9 are 26 ferrets taken to Gainesville for surgery.  Not
having lived with them, I don't know them as well.  I do know at least one
of their foster moms (Deena Canal), so I know that the G'ville 26 are being
loved as much as their bro's/sis in Tampa are.

I expect by Tuesday to have some adoption decisions made.  Write me, I'll be
in touch.

Sweet Ferret Dreams to you all,
Paula