From:
caroline yingling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:39:03 -0700
My first ferret came to me by the way of my daughter. A boy that she
knew from school needed money for the prom, so he had decided to sell
his ferret. I had never seen a ferret. I didn't even know what a ferret
was, but I was soon to find out. She bought him for $50.00. His name
was Rocky. When Rocky arrived he was in what looked to me like a pine
coffin. The box was about 4 foot long, maybe two foot wide. and the top
of the box had a small opening with a wire screen covering. The bottom
of the pen had at least a foot of cedar chips covering the bottom. He
also came with his food. Deli-Cat. When the boy took Rocky out of his
pen, he was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen. He was all
greasy looking and his fur looked prickly. I said to my daughter,
"You are going to take care of that, I want no parts of it". I will,
she said, I promise. So, two weeks later, guess who got to take care
of him? Good old Mom.

One day shortly after that I thought maybe Rocky would like to have a
new cage that he could actually see out of. It was then I discovered he
had fleas. Not knowing any better, I put an entire vial of Advantage on
him. The next day most of the fleas had died, thankfully Rocky didn't.
He loved going outside, and was such a good ferret. Shortly there
after, a little eight week old DEW with a stumpy tail came to be
Rocky's cagemate. My husband fondly called him "That stumpy tailed SOB!

And so the saga began. Many ferrets have come and gone, I have eight
right now. I can't ever imagine living without ferrets.

Caroline