From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 1994 20:15:00 -0400
one- Sinckers is a computer repairman too!!!!  Maybe it is a natural ferret
trait!!  He is enthralled by my friends 486 when case cover is off- wants to
look, touch, sniff, paw, etc.  And once he fixed a keyboard error by walking on
the keyboard!  :>
two- has anyone else noticed that people are downright mean to ferrets and
their people (people being the general, non-ferret-public.)???  I had to take
the fuzzies away with me for the weekend (my landlord was spraying with a
chemical and I couldn't stand having myself or them living in it!)  Anyway-
people were mean to us when they saw us.  They would see the pet carrier, and
come over to us (uninvited- I live in a FFZ) look in, asking what is it and
whats its name, and then ask in a shocked voice "what _is_ THAT??"  These
people didn't seem to realize that THAT is two fuzzies who are my very dear
friends!  While I listened and tried to explain to them that, no, i wasn't
being cruel and holding two wild animals against their nature and will, no
they aren't mean, no they don't bite, no they are _domesticated_, no, no,no!!
they would sit there looking angelic.  When I got them inside, they sat on my
lap, looking as though they were shocked and in need of reassurance at the
negative reactions that they have never recieved before!  What amazed me was
that these people would come over very friendily, assuming I _wanted_ to show
them my pet.  They asked questions about it before they knew what it was, befor
they even saw it, and when they did, freaked out.  I was accused of some
terrible things this weekend!
I am sorry this has gotten so long, I just wanted to know if this happens to
others...  It was distressing for me, and it seemed, for them!  :<
-Stacey