From:
Samantha Newcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 10:38:17 -0500
Sukie, Here's a good question for you in your infinite knowledge. Is
there a difference between "natural" and "all meat" kibbles on the
market? I have been recently doing my pet food shopping on a website
called http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/ it's a really great website from
what I have seen so far. Anywho, they sell things like Innova and
Wysong and other high quality kibble and things like that along with
supplements for your pets. But with the many pet food recalls that have
been going on is this really a good choice? Raw or natural diets are
almost always better, however for those that can't or won't feed such
a diet then are all kibbles created equal?

I'm a big organic eater myself and would like the same for my pets;
however, with so many animals and due to the fact that I travel I don't
think my husband would be able to keep up with all of the animals if he
had to prepare meals for each of them. Kibble is just the right choice
for my lifestyle. So when looking for a high quality kibble for any
animal what do you look for? How do you know what the cows and pigs
and chickens and whatnot are fed? Is there a label that is used for
certified organic pet food that can be verified? Sure I check my food
for ingredients, but how do I know what's going into the ingredients?

I'm sure lots of FLMers would love a good conversation on this for all
of their pets, not just their ferrets.

--
Samantha Newcomb
Shelter Director,The Frazzled Ferret Org.

Always Consider Adoption First