From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:46:46 -0500
The weather had been cool at the bridge and No. 421 and Oliver were
huddled under their afghans by the fireplace spending a lazy afternoon.
No. 421 was dozing and Oliver was reading a book when Bluebird began
tapping on their window.

Hey No. 421," she chirped. "Let me in. I has a ticket for you and you
have a crew to look for."

"You hear somethin'," No. 421 said. "I thought I heard a knock."

Oliver listened. "There it is again," No. 421 said as he got out of
his chair. "Sounds like Bluebird."

No., 421 opened the door and Bluebird flew in. She perched on the
mantle and began warming up her feathers.

"No. 421," she said. I has a ticket that must go out today. You have to
find family for a ferret named Toby Toes." With that, she ruffled her
feathers to catch some heat and flew to the door. No. 421 opened it up
and away she went.

Oliver and No. 421 read the ticket and Oliver said, "Lady was at Bakin'
Berthas last week. I'll bet she knows where that gang lives."

He jumped out of the chair, put on his heavy jacket and dashed out the
door shouting he would bring back some cookies for tea tonight.

Arriving at the cafe, he said "Hi" to Honey and Fang and ordered some
pawprint cookies to go.

"Do you know where Lady, Max, Rocky, Sammy, and Sox who come in here
live," he asked?

Honey thought a moment. "Why yes I do," she said. "When we cater a
party or have a crowd Lady comes in and helps out. They live over
there by that stand of trees."

Oliver said he would be back for the cookies and rushed off to the tree
stand. When he arrived, a pretty lady ferret was hanging out wash.
"Hi" Oliver said. "Would you be Lady?"

"Yes, I'm Lady and I live here with my family Max, Rocky, Sammy, and
Sox, she said."

Oliver thought a minute and then told Lady that family had arrived
unexpectedly from earth. "You have a family member, Toby Toes, who left
rather unexpectedly and is waiting at the gate," Oliver said. "Could
one of you please come and help me greet him."

Lady smiled a beautiful smile and rushed into the mound. "Max, Rocky,
Sammy, Sox, Toby Toes is here," she cried. "Come with me to the Bridge
and lets greet him. He can move in with us and it will be like old
times."

The four ferrets all rushed through the door at the same time. "Toby
Toes is here." Max said. "Let's go, what are we waiting for?" The four
ferrets rushed up the path leaving Oliver to close the door and hang
the last three pieces of wash.

No. 421 had just arrived when he heard the Bridge creek and saw a lone
ferret walking over.

"Hello the Bridge," he said. "Might you be Toby Toes? Welcome to the
Rainbow Bridge. My currier Oliver has gone to find your family."

Toby Toes looked at No. 421. "Hi" he said. "I didn't want to come so
soon, but I knew I would be sick later. I heard an angel call my name
and here I am. What will happen to me now? I'm afraid."

"No need to be afraid, Son" No. 421 said. "Oh, here comes Oliver and I
think he has family with him."

The four ferrets rushed up to No. 421 then stopped and look at Toby
Toes. "Hi Toby, Glad you are here," Max said. Everyone was hugging and
dooking together when Oliver arrived. "Sorry I'm late," he said. "I
finished up the chores."

Shooting Star stepped forward and gave Oliver a big hug being careful
not to stick him with a point. "You always do such a good job finding
family," she told him. "You're the best."

Oliver blushed to the ends of his whiskers and watched as the five
ferrets hugged and dooked together.

Toby Toes was smiling. Sox told him to send a message to Mom Brenda and
they would all send hugs and kisses.

Shooting Star stepped forward and Toby Toes asked her to take a message
to his Mom that he was sorry he had to leave so soon, but it was better
this way.

"I love you Mom, I'm here with our family, and we will wait for you,"
he said. "I just went to sleep, and an angel came and took my paw. I
woke up here with a big man with big, big wings and I signed in. Now,
here is a biiiiiig hug for you, and some kisses to last till we meet
again. Max, Lady, Rocky, Sammy, and Sox will add theirs and a nice star
lady is going to deliver it for us. Love you Mom."

No. 421 took the message and wrapped it in a big hug for Shooting Star.

She promised to deliver it that night and the five ferrets started beck
down the path. Oliver went with them to pick up his order and No. 421
left for their cabin to put on the kettle.

Back in the cabin, No. 421 took down his logbook and wrote, Mission
Accomplished. Oliver is a good currier, Thank you Boss. He found the
family, and they are all together again.

With that written, he put another log on the fire and sat down to wait
for Oliver and some of those melt in your mouth cookies.