From:
Brandy Ashmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:28:12 -0500
Hey!  My youngest ferret, Tusk, is 2 now.  When I bought him he was 12 wks
old, and still pretty small.  That winter he gained 2 lbs and was a pudgy
thing.  I'm starting to worry though.  He has been very tiny for about a
year now.  Didn't Gain his seasonal weight this year.  He is showing no
signs of Insulinoma, ECE, or Adrenal and I took him to the vet and the vet
said he looked healthy.  Eyes and nose are clear, he eats like a horse,
very active.  He acts fine, but he's so skinny .

When I pick him up, I can feel to bones above his hips poking out.  I can
never feel these points on my other ferrets, even in his skinny stage.  I'm
very worried.  What could cause this?  Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks!
Brandy Jean, ZeppLynn, Tusk, Max, and newcomer, Sadie