From:
REBECCA ANDERSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:44:33 CST
I have been asked to post this message to the list by a friend.
The situation is this:

Terek (Teri) of the Kansas City Ferret Hotline Shelter had tickets on
American Airlines to a family reunion.  She had no choice in the matter of
which airline to take (in this particular situation).  When she phoned about
taking aboard her ferrets, she was given a toll-free number and asked to
call it.  She was told American Airlines' standard policy is "No ferrets.
No potbelly pigs.  No exceptions!" They do allow dogs, cats, and birds in
the cabin.  When she asked for their reasoning, she was told "We don't have
any reasoning.  They're just not allowed."

Teri explained that she had never been separated from these three ferrets;
they each needed special medications and were litter trained.  Teri feels
this policy is unacceptable.  Please write/phone/boycott American Airlines.
Teri asked me to post her number...anyone wanting specific details, please
phone her at 816/842-5122.