From:
Betty Rebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 03:27:24 EST
Hi all...

well, today I called our local shelter and offered my home up as a foster
home... I just cant get enough of these guys...

I have noticed and realized the wonderful benifits of having older ferrets
in the home as well as younger ones ever since Hepa (she's 6) came into my
life... she sleeps with me, comes to me and kinda ASKS for stuff... you
know... hey, cummere, I dont have no water, can I have some?... At first
I was worried about the death factor I asked around about how people deal
with that... I mean, I hate the thought of finding somebody AFTER they
crossed the bridge, and I hate even MORE the thought of making that
decision... I would LOVE to thank EVERYONE who offered thoughts on this...
I know its kinda personal and painful but all of your input was extrememly
helpful in making this decision...

Now I have ONE more question... I havent met the guy/gal or plural that
I am going to take in yet but I do KNOW that older ferrets require some
planning ... I am going over to Marys' NEXT friday to meet the old folks
and see who gets along with my Hepa... before then I would like to aquire
ANY additional sTUFF I might need while they are dooking with me... Hepa
is very active, she sleeps alot but she also dances, dooks and plays with
me... she has no problems gettin in the potty or eating... so... I guess
what I want to know is... can anyone think of anything I might want to add
to the toybox, food locker or first aid kit in preparation for these old
foggies... hehehee...???  also, if there is anyone else who would care to
share fostering stories with me... I would love to hear them!  heavy on the
HAPPY please!?

Thanks in advance for any input...
Dooky days to everyone!
-Betty and the 7 Rebel Crew!