Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:18:52 EDT
I want to share with you that there has been such an out-pouring of concern
and prayers for the old burnt ferret Maria.  EAch tiny ferret life has
meaning to God.

A day-maybe two -more in the scorching pet store window WITH NO water and
Maria would have died.  She would have died alone-with no person caring.
The carcass would probably have been thrown in the garbage.

Whether Maria survived this surgery or not:Because of **YOU**--she was no
longer a nothing.  She was accorded the dignity that a living being should
be entitled to.  She was given a name, prayed over, and thought about.

Whether she had lived or died--my gratitude to sooo many of you makes me
cry my eyes out.  Maria is NOT a piece of garbage.  NO ferret should die
being a nothing.Or less than nothing.

YOU gave her dignity.  YOU knew she existed.  She would not have died
without her story shared, a thought, a prayer, at least a moments sad
reflection on a society that would make a pet store owner think it is
just fine to leave a ferret burning alive in a window.

Thank YOU for giving dignity to "the freak" at the pet store.