From:
The Hintons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:37:18 -0700
On the subject of ferret names it is interesting to view where people's
names for their pets come from.  In my case, Minka was named because she
felt really soft (and still does) when I first got her and someone
commented she felt just like a mink, hence the MInka.  I have added Rue in
recent times because I like the flow of Minkarue better, and I tell her it
is because I rue the day she stole my heart.  =3D) Baxter got his name in a
slightly different manner.  I just looked at him and decided he looked like
a Baxter and not only was he a Baxter, he was Baxter J. Stubbins III.  The
Stubbins is in reference to the stubby little legs Bax had when I first got
him.  Who knows where the J came from and I decided with a name like Baxter
J Stubbins he really needed to be a part of a lineage so I created one for
him.  He does know he is in trouble when I use the full name on him,
though.  Usually it is in reference to somewhere he isn't supposed to be
(digging in the food bag, clearing off the computer table) and he comes
reacing to the door at breakneck speed and then tries to look innocent so
I'll give him treats.  He has gotten pretty good about coming when I call,
too and was very easy to squeaky toy train.  Minka, on the other hand,
won't come to her name, just looks at me like I am insane when I squeak the
squeaky toy and may or may not decide to come if I rattle the treat bag in
her direction.  Strange.

joanne & minkarue & baxter too!