From:
Carlos Marcial <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 01:17:56 -0500
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SENT ME MAIL ABOUT Bear the fert.

My 13 yo son has read EVERY letter, and EVERY card that was sent to us.
He cried through reading them.  He is quite sad, and I didn't know how to
help him except for reading the letters.  I told Chris, "Look at ALL these
letters, they are all telling us how sorry they are that Bear was killed
by that horrible dog.  Look Chris, they don't even KNOW us yet they are
sad also." He kinda smiled, but continued crying.  I made no comment about
the crying.  He is doing better today.  Chris feels that this guy with his
two dogs should go to the war in place of his brother & 2 cousins who are
soldiers.

I just thank God that it wasn't Rocky that was killed.  Chris and Rocky
are VERY VERY VERY VERY bonded.  Rocky will not ever answer to his name,
but say 'Christopher' and he perks up and his head whips around looking
for Chris.  He loves Chris, & can smell him when he comes into a room.

Bear was more 'my' fert, but, Chris still cared about him & for him.  I
am going to small claims court on wednesday, as monday is a holiday, and
i have a 9am to 4pm class on tuesday.  My cousin who is a big time dog
lover & owner told me "Sue the pants off him for the vet bill.' she agrees
that even though the dogs were on leashes, the owner is STILL responsible
for the dog's actions.  A coworker called him a 'bloodclot' (it's Jamaican

Sincerely,

Leila, Carlos, Rafael - the soldier, Christopher, and 'the guys' Rocky
and Weasle, 'our angel' Bear.