From:
Melissa Lough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:10:45 -0500
My husband and I took our 4 year and 9 month old baby to be helped
across the bridge.  He had VERY aggressive lymphoma.  It tore our
hearts out to watch him quickly go down hill everyday in just two
weeks.  He NEVER had a mean bone in his body...........never bit anyone
else when playing; ferrets or humans.  Just the sweetest guy.  He would
come running at me breathing heavily and jump for me to catch him; that
was one of his favorite things to do.  He also loved to give his help
with everything; and spent his time following behind me to make sure he
was there to give me his assistance with everything.  He will truely be
missed..........

My question to everyone is : has anyone ever experienced in their
ferrets ...loss of using their front legs. To the point of putting the
front legs underneath them and pushing themselves around with their
back legs?? He started out looking like he was walking sideways. Then
by the next day he was stumbling alot and falling. Then the next day he
couldn't use his front legs ..........just the back. He started out by
losing weight and I took him to the vet to see what was going on on Nov
18th............nothing to be alarmed with the blood work........ hen
we had to help him across the bridge on Dec 5th. He had got so bad that
when he tried to turn around to potty.......he flipped over on his
back. All of this has been so hard to take........when nothing you do
will help; but to help them die.

My husband and I want to Thank Zoo for all of her help. She is one of
the most caring people?I have ever met; with a heart of gold. Thank you
from the bottom of my heart; you will never know how much you helped,
just by talking me through everything. You are the best and have given
me a renowned hope in humans.

Thank you,
Missy