From:
DJTuvell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 22:26:32 -0400
We recently noticed a balding spot on McKyle's right flank, so today he went
to the vet for blood work, with me expecting the worst (adrenal disease).
But THANK GOD that does not appear to be the problem.  His bloodwork
indicated no adrenal problems, however there were a few abnormalities which
the vet thinks is due to a bacterial infection.  So we came home with some
amoxicillan and a very relieved mom.  Kyler was nonetheless traumatized by
the visit, though; the poor guy gets so stressed out every time he goes to
the vet.  They drew blood from his neck which he particularly disliked.  :(
Poor guy, he is sleeping it off right now.  But I just thank God my little
angel is ok.  The vet says to come back in 4 wks for more blood work, but I
just hope and pray it will be fine then.  My guy is just too young for
adrenal disease (or anything else) to put a number on his days.  Also, the
vet said the hairless spot could be due to McKyle rough housing with Merlin,
or some other less serious cause.

Happy Ferreting Everyone,
Rachelle Tuvell & Ferrets