Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:11:23 -0400
To all the wonderful FMLers who wrote to me about the passing of my
sweet little Rikki, you have truly touched my heart with your warmth
and understanding and condolences, and I thank you so much...

I will respond to each of you personally in a day or so - right now the
letters you sent just brought another flood of tears, but I know (as
you do) that the grieving is necessary, and that it just takes time to
lessen the pain, because it never really goes away....

There has been a lot of death in my family since last summer (ferrets,
dogs and human variety), and this was honestly the hardest. Amazing how
these little furry critters can wrap their paws around your heart and
leave it shattered and bleeding when The Father calls them Home... I
have a young male who is showing signs of adrenal, but like Rikki, I
hope I can pull him through also.

To those who have sick fuzzies or who have lost one or more of their
own 4-footed family, cry your heart out as often as you need to - it's
what makes us Human, and thank God for that! I pity the people in this
world who don't have the empathy or compassion to feel the love that
our pets have for us or to be able to return it... What a sad, empty
world they must have... Grief is not something any of us look forward
to, and our little ferrets short life expectancy means we will probably
face it more often than dog or cat owners (and yes, I have some of
those, too). But who could resist a joyful little ferret war-dancing
toward you - eyes bright, puffy tail all fluffed out, mouth open,
bouncing around like a 3 month old kitten, dooking like crazy -- just
because in 3 or 4 years you might have to make The Decision (with it's
attending Pain)....

If The Guardian of Hope is reading, I ask that she will pray for those
fuzzies who have recently left us, and for those who are ill, and
those who will be leaving for the Rainbow Bridge shortly - and for the
Mommies and Daddies who will grieve and sorrow for their lost babies,
until The Father grants them peace by knowing and accepting that their
little ones are strong and healthy again, playing free in the sunshine,
and waiting at the Bridge for their parents to join them when it's
time!

Thank you all again,

Jane - still Mommy for Snowy and Ruby and
heartily missing Rikki, and Sadie, FiFi, BeBe, and Buster :```((

Millions of domestic animals are starving or killed each year due to
neglect. Please help support the The Humane Society of the United
States' efforts to help pets in need with your free click!

http://pets.care2.com/

The Animal Rescue Site needs your help in feeding previously abused
animals who are now living their lives in a protective sanctuary or
are awaiting adoption! Help feed tens of thousands of animals every
day with a simple click, at no cost to you. Visit
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com today!

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals. Especially
for the animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or
deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death. We
entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity and for those who deal with
them, we ask a heart of compassion and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals and so to share the
blessings of the merciful. written by Albert Schweitzer

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary
than our own live within a fragile circle; easily and often breached.
Yet, still we would live no other way." - Irving Townsend