Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 02:24:44 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Wanted to give you an update or two.

Miss Sugar Magnolia has been doing much better overall.  I even sent a
glowing bragging letter to her foster parents about her.

So of course, she had to prove me wrong.  lol.  I am now sporting a thumb
with a divot missing out of it.  It is quite sore but nothing serious at
all.  She was just tense today.  I think it may be because I have been
very ill this weekend.  So the routine has not been normal.

She is an outcast of sorts.  Sugar is just learning how to interact with
the others.  They still don't seek her out to play and she is quite a
loner.  I think, ultimately, she will be a Momma's baby.

Her vulva is still slightly swollen and she is still showing her teats
some.  But she is shrinking, literally, everywhere.  She is about half the
size she was, but very lean and mean.  Strong.  She is not skinny in the
least.

Miss Stella is doing so wonderful.  Even though my own homemade food is not
as good as I eventually want it, she is gaining weight with the addition of
meat over the baby food.

She is fatter, and lasts longer with her blood sugar with the meat.  But it
makes perfect sense since I do the same thing.  Have to have that protein
to stabilize.

I am just amazed at how much difference the meat makes over meat baby food.
I guess the fat content has something to do with it also.  Don't know.

I bought myself another chicken.  I am going to try my luck again.  I may
even try my own old fashion grinder but I am not hopeful there.  I am going
to bone a major portion of the carcass and rely on the wings and ribs for
bone.

Maybe I will give the bones to my neighbors with the huge dogs. ;-)

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.  I have spent my inside.  Too hot
anyway to get out.

Maggie

"It's the same story the crow told me; it's the only one he knows.
Like the morning sun you come and like the wind you go.
Ain't no time to hate, barely time to wait,
Wo, oh, what I want to know, where does the time go?"

"Uncle John's Band", Grateful Dead