From:
Julie Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 22:30:47 -0800
A few months ago, my hubby asked if I would like a new boy fert, since
we were down to four girlies.  And I said "Oh no, four is plenty." Yeah
right!

So we headed over to 24 Carat Ferret, and CJ blessed us with three sweet
boys.  One, three...what's the difference?  Happened that way last time,
too.  CJ can spot a sucker from a mile away, lol.

Took hours for me to pick out the pair; I adore all of those furry little
faces...only took my husband about 30 seconds to decide on the third, an
old fart by the name of Bullet.  My hubby has a soft spot for the hard
luck cases, and Bullet was right up his alley.  Old, blind, deaf, nekkid
as a jaybird (and soft as a baby's butt!), insulinomic, adrenal...this
fella had it all.

So we took him home to fill his last days with warm soup and soft
blankies.  He made himself right at home, toddling up and down the stairs
with surprising agility; grooming the other ferts, making sure their
soup bowls were all licked clean, keeping the cats in their place, and
scolding the furniture when it bumped into him.  He never once complained
about the endless baths, or the silly little sweaters in which we dressed
him.  He slept in his Daddy's lap, in front of their little heater, every
evening- both of them the picture of contentment.

We thought we were prepared for the end...but it's amazing how deep that
little guy burrowed into our hearts in such a short time.  At 9am Friday,
Bullet moved on.  His lesson was over; he had reminded us that life is
short and precious.  Wear your seatbelt, and make someone else wear
theirs.  Always take a chance on love, ya got nothing to lose.  And
never miss a chance to say "I love you".

Friday night, we stopped and got several dozen more of the same blankies
we had bought for Bullet.  In his honor, we would like them to go to some
of the homeless hairless ferrets waiting in shelters right now.  Got some
nekkid kids?  Drop me a line, and I'll send 'em some soft new blankies.
Don't be shy...If we ain't got enough, we'll buy more.

And the rest of you, go adopt a hair-impaired fert.  You will never
regret it; and you will save a fortune on lint rollers!

Julie & the Woozles
21st Century Ferret
http://geocities.com/woozle31