From:
meryl faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:35:19 -0700
I'd been waiting for Baxa syringes for months from a local west coast
supplier - and heard that there was a production problem. I searched
online and found syringes (Codan brand) that were also re-usable and
with a similar O-ring plunger. The syringes have black
graduations/markings versus the Baxa blue, but the price for bulk is
similar at www.sqirrelstore.com

The link to 1cc syringes is
http://www.squirrelstore.com/site/744999/product/2222 .There's a drop
down menu for amounts - they come at a cheaper rate in packages of ten
or one hundred.

I don't know why Baxa syringes (parent company Danish, factories here
in the US) are/were available, but the Codan seem to work as well. The
only thing I notice is that the barrel of the Codan brand looks a
little more like an ordinary 1cc syringe - the plastic seems a little
lighter weight more like regular 1cc syringes, whereas the Baxa barrel
seems little heavier duty - slightly thicker walls I think. However the
plungers work in either one.

Meryl