From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 15:06:22 EDT
Marie wrote:
>A friend of mine took her ferret into get his distemper shot yesterday and
>vet mentioned to her that the ferrets only need them every 3 yr.  I would
>like more info on this especially from the vet that in is on the list here.

I'm not a vet, but I will throw in my 2 cents.  The Amer Assoc of Feline
Practitioners (pretty traditional in their approach) states on their
website <http://www.avma.org/AAFP/>
that most vets are recommending three-year distemper boosters for cats
instead of annual.

I personally don't vaccinate anyone in my house (dog, cats, ferrets) more
than every few years (unless it's a ferret who comes in contact with the
public).  It's something everyone will have to decide for themselves after
reading up on the issue; there is always lots of controversy about
vaccines.

Ferret Tarot--
yay!  great idea!  "The Fool"--yup, lots of volunteers in my house :-)
also "the hanged man" could be a possum?  I love the idea!

Ronnie in Mass.
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming, Merlin, Roxanne, Petunia, Epcot and
Clover's mom