From:
"G. A. Christian Bilou" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:08:42 -0600
>From:    edward charette <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: DO YOU KNOW????
>...A freind of mine told me about a kid who put a grass snak in with its
>farret and of kourse the ferret made short work of it.  Now the ferret
>being a wild animail and all wouldnt it get the tast for blood.  The
>reason I ask is I let lee run the house all day and put here away at
>night.  It has just found I hae a mouse and was wondering if it is a good
>idea to let lee out with the mouse not kought as i got a son of 4 and the
>last thing I need is for my ferret to tast blood it the wild tast blood
>thing stands true with ferrets.

OK, I am not entirely sure just what you are trying to ask here, but I
will attempt to address your concerns.  Firsly, ferrets are not 'wild
animals'...they are domesticated, and although, as with most animals,
they can become feral given the right circumstances, a 'taste of blood'
will not cause this.  I feed my ferrets a diet consisting of mice, rabbits,
and chicks, and mine are probably the two most gentle, friendly ferrets
you will ever meet...they have never once so much as nipped me (or my
three year-old daughter), even during very excited play.  I am sure that
if your ferret manages to catch the mouse, he will enjoy a meaty snack,
nothing more.

G. A. Christian Bilou