From:
Ferrets at Heart -- Ask A Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2012 09:02:16 -0400
Dear friends,

Ferrets at Heart is now a North Carolina ferret rescue, though we will
remain on full quarantine from our May ECE outbreak through the end of
the year. We regret leaving our Ohio network of ferret friends and
fabulous vet contacts. However, now that we are back online, we can all
keep in touch through email, and at 419-202-1112. If you tried to email
us in the last two weeks and received an error message, our email was
down, so please try again. No packages were received for Ferrets at
Heart in NC, so check with us if you sent something.

All the ferrets made the 600-mile journey without any trouble --
although nine ferrets and two cats in a king cab truck was rather
humorous! The furkids are doing very well, and the novelty of a dog is
entertaining many of the fuzzbutts during the hours of their play time.
Our old lady DMK is still the queen of the castle, as it should be, and
she takes great delight in escape attempts and scaring cats. Little
blind Lady takes rides in shirts around the house and gets no end of
cuddles. Naked Nibbs is a favorite for his so-ugly-that-he's-cute look.
Everyone thinks that Winter is so beautiful and fluffy white, so he
must be the sweetest and most innocent. Sure, he'll let you hold him
for a long time, but just let him set an eye on something that he
wants....

So Dad had this idea that there was no way that a ferret could push
open the sliding closet door. There was so much tension that the weight
would be too much. I did warn him. Three times in one afternoon by
a female ferret got the door taped shut. He asked how Mandie could
possibly find that kind of leverage. I explained again about the
contests some ferret gatherings hold in which ferrets are harnessed
and pull weights. Now he believes me!

On our wish list are still Marshall Ferret Play Pens (8 or 11 panel),
Marshall Furo-Tone, treats, water bottles, puppy pads, Clorox wipes,
paper towels, coupons for just about anything, Wal-Mart/K-Mart gift
cards, Ferret.com or PetSupplies.com gift cards, or PayPal donations to
[log in to unmask] Our mailing address is Lori Richardson,
53 Green Vale LN, Franklin, NC 28734.

Mom was hospitalized for a week in late July for dehydration. She could
not even keep down water. Her husband did a turn-around trip to could
get me in Ohio. He rested only the 2.5 hr. it took my friends to load
the trailer and truck bed. After driving back, we went to see Mom in
the hospital, unloaded the truck, and returned the trailer. When Mom
was released, I became her "keeper" as well as her daughter. This duel
role is difficult, but necessary. They've given her until Christmas.
There will be no more chemo or radiation; her body cannot handle the
strain of those treatments. Please continue your prayers.

With respect,
Lori of Ferrets at Heart