From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 00:29:00 -0500
I just wanted to send an update on Ashling.  The Lasix has been WONDERFUL
for her.  She needs less than originally thought because she dehydrates
too easily (and scares the - ahem - out of us even though we know what
to do), but half a milligram three times a day has eliminated even that
one position in which she did a bit of fussing.  Now, she doesn't fuss
at all, and every day she is house patrolling and playing as well as
cuddling and snuggling.  We have not had to try pain meds for her yet
despite her carcinoma.  (The reason for the Lasix is ascites related to
her carcinoma.)

This is a season for being thankful and I just wanted to thank the person
whose hard work day after day makes the FML possible for all of us: Bill
Gruber.  Bill, there are excellent reasons why you are among the few very
most popular men in the ferret community and you show us some of those
those reasons every day with your tolerance, kindness, helpfulness,
wisdom, balance, and friendship.  No wonder you are adored so much: you
EARN it day in and day out.  Thank you so much for that!

[Moderator's note: Not everyone is so adoring ;-)  But if we're
exchanging thanks, then mau goes to you for your help with the FHL
and for reposting some of the posts from there to the FML.  BIG]