Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 03:44:17 -0600
I've, umm, accidently been offline since Sunday due to a foul up by a silly
goof.  My silly goof.  I got a notice that someone had made a dozen or so
attempts to enter my emailbox, so I prudently changed my password.  Late
Saturday, like into the early morning of Sunday, I changed the password.
Then I forgot it.  Not on purpose; I knew it when I went to sleep.  I just
couldn't remember it when I woke up.  It was one of those hard to break
random number-letter combos I never forget, right?  Well, I did.  Ooops.
I had to wait until Monday to go to the computer center to show ID and get
a new password, which only becomes official sometime Tuesday.  Anyway, I
just realized I can log on (but not access email) from school, so since I
was burning the late night candles looking at ancient bones (no students
dropping in asking "What's that?  Is that a dinosaur?"), I thought I would
drop a quick line so a few friends (The Ferret Geeks) wouldn't think I was
abandoning them.

I'll be back online Tuesday and I promise I will write down that dang
password.  Sorry.

Isn't it interesting that dumb people like me excell in academics?

Oh, I forgot.  A cryptic message to a special friend, a real Goliath tamer
(all the rest of you have to guess, and I'm not telling.  Bah ha ha ha
ha...)  Tell my two new little ferret buddies I look forward to being able
to travel so I can pick them up and bring them home as soon as my evil,
cereal killer cadaver tendon-filled hand allows me to travel again (It's
confirmed....yesterday I had an overwealming urge to kill Cherrios.  Well,
with my right hand anyway...).  I would have called to see how they were
doing, but I keep the number to their ferret den in my online address book,
and I couldn't access it.  But I am thinking about them.

A second cryptic message.  Hey Meg!  Mickey Moose just went through a
battery of vet tests for his first yearly physical and passed 150%.  No
disease of any type can be found, and I even had them check for parasites
and Alutians.  He is healthier than a very healthy horse.  Oh, one more
thing.  The little guy is growing, well, let's just say his bb-gun is being
loaded.  I would say they were cute litle things, but us manly men never
say that.  The vet could not believe the little guy; in fact, everyone at
the vet hospital had to come in and look at him.  Why?  I thought you would
never ask.  He weighed in at 7lbs 7 oz.  I kid you not.  If he had longer
legs, he would be as big as a housecat.  Everyone kept saying, "Drop the
Chalupa..." He is absolutely huge, and while some of it is winter fat, his
muscle structure is solid and dense.  And he is as sweet as he is big.  I
have to say one thing, Meg, and that is you sure know how to cook up
ferrets.  Whatever you did to make Mickey Moose, do it again, and this time
only accept Visa or Mastercard!  I just have to wonder how heavy he will be
once he starts testosterone bulking.  Or how stinky.  Still, like Carbone,
Lady Noir, Minnie Moose and Sillyboy, he is a real gem of gems.  Many, many
thanks.  You have a most impressive breeding line.

In the next week (when I have more time), I'll take a picture of Mickey
Moose next to a normal sized male ferret and scan it in.  I'll email it to
anyone who thinks I'm exaggerating and if you are not impressed with his
beautiful silver-mitt pattern and tremendous size, I'll clean your litter
pans.  If I win, you can just send chalupas.

Bob C and 19 MO Gemstones in the Rough