From:
Ferret Fanatic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 21:55:12 -0400
I think that having a ferret open house for members of the fml is a great
idea.  Money isn't always a big deal when it comes to finding a good home
for a ferret.  There has been so much arguing over someone wanting to find
a "non expensive" ferret.  I am one of many people on this list that have
never actually purchase a ferret.  Paid a small adoption fee, yes, on 2 of
my ferrets, one I made a small, very small contribution to the shelter,
after spending most of the money that I had on gas to drive out of state
to bring my baby home<LOL>.  3 of my ferrets were given to me for "free".
That doesn't mean I skimp on food or vetinary care.  One of my "free"
ferrets cost me more than $2,000 in medical care before having to have him
put to sleep.  It was harder having him put to sleep than handing out money
to keep him going, but it was the right thing to do.  And we all know Jean,
she is swamped with an abundance of ferrets, and getting together some FML
members for a little open house in the hopes of adopting a few of them off
is a very good idea.  I am just sorry to say that I can't be one of them.
Good luck Ferret's Unlimited to your upcoming adoptathon!!!!!

--
Vicki L. Henderson-aka-Ferret Fanatic
Woody, Miss Tizzy, Ginger Snap, General Kaos & Taylor!