From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 10:18:19 -0800
Dear Amy, who asked what else could we give our fuzz-babies who need
Bismuth or pectin solutions (Kaopectate or Pepto Bismol).  We just got on
the phone with our veterinarian and he recommended alternating the 1cc
doses of either kaopectate or pepto bismol, depending on the ferrets'
needs (what they're being treated for, diarhea or ulcers) with either a
couple of "licks" of warmed plain sour cream or of warmed plain yogurt.
He said this method of alternating doses should keep the salicylate
derivative from building up to any toxic dosages in their systems.

from wes and susie at the Ferret & Dove Sanctuary in Pensacola, FL