From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:20:29 -0600
Each morning I sit quietly hand feeding sick ferrets their recipe.  This
morning I had poured half of the baby food jar food into Sammies saucer and
as she was happily lapping it up I poured a bit more regular recipe into
the jar, swished it around, and added a bit more to the saucer.  Scooby
ALWAYS comes up to investigate the recipe in the baby food jars as I feed
three different kinds and he likes them all.  Normally he will reach his
little tongue as far into the jar as he can to lick up the remainder then
when he's all done he'll pick up the jar and take it away to his hidey
place.  This morning was a bit different though.  It was only a lick or
two and he picked up the half full jar and dove off the futon, leaving
quite a trail of recipe behind him!  And I just changed my blankets
yesterday... sigh.

New Food
I found a cat food at Pet Food Direct that looked good, though it was very
expensive, so I bought a small bag to try.  Eureka!  Two of my most finicky
eaters like it.  It is called Neura Wellness Super5Mix for cats and the
ingredients sound good, the first three being human grade chicken, chicken
meal and chicken liver.  The food is shaped as a small nugget, smaller than
Science Diet.  Has anyone else tried this food?  Go take a look at the
ingredients and let me know what you think.

I also saw that Jeffers now carries Natural Balance Cat food and I'm going
to try that too.  Maybe I can get some of the junk food eaters switched to
better foods.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services